Hi folks! My name's Lori (but you probably figured that out already) and I'm the Manager of Customer Support at Illuminati Online. Prior to obtaining this position, I spent over two years at IO working as a Customer Support Technician and even worked the late night shift here for quite some time. If you've called up here between 12am and 8am in the last year or so and all you remember is that you talked to 'some bitch' the chances are pretty good that we've spoken.
Update Feb 2001:
Well folks, that was a fun 6 months as Manager! All I had to do was sit at my computer giggling as I flirted with my M.U.D. friends,
occasionally issuing a command to my subjugates to take a phone call. I am such a Queen Bee! Tee-hee! My final act before quitting to work for
Apple, was to have Chad fired last week! I've been telling the Owner, Ken Jackson, that he has many customer complaints which I've spoken to him
about many times. Actually, I've avoided Chad for 8 months, and never spoke to him unless forced to. Hell, I ignored him when he was standing
right next to me asking questions. I cancelled his quarterly review and ignored his emails to reschedule, too. I actually only had one trivial
complaint email about him, but we all get those, and who's Ken going to believe? LOL! So Ken paid for me to take business classes, and now I'm
catching the train to Disneyland! Toodles!
- Kitten's Litterbox - Visit my private home on teh webs. I write some stories where I'm a pretty fairy princess and some really shitty poetry about lonliness, sex, vampyres and devouring whole glazed hams in one sitting. With chocolate sauce, mmmm-MMMMM! Check out my pictures and remember, you've been flirting with *THAT*.
- DiscJockey.Com - Yup, it can get pretty quiet up here late at night... which is why this site has become invaluable to me. My favorite section is the 80s section, mostly because I'm a pathetic loser who lives in the past. Don't rub it in.
- The Corporation - Have you seen your sense of humor lately? You might find it here! This site is a humorous look at corporate life, and it's got a cool icon gallery with quite a few humorous icons you can put on your web page.
- The Internet Language Dictionary - Also known as 'NetLingo', this page is a very useful online dictionary of internet and technical terms. It includes all your favorite (and least favorite, for that matter) acronyms and a rather comprehensive list of emoticons. What?! You don't know what an emoticon is?! Ugh. Check this out, before it's too late.
- Evil People, Inc. - Why settle for a lesser evil? This is another humor site. It's really funny, if you are one of those gifted people who have no problem laughing at yourself (and others).
- The Camarilla - Okay, I'm coming out of the closet. I'm a White Wolf gamer in an office full of GURPS junkies! That's not to say that there's anything wrong with GURPS... ow! Quit it, Steve! I said there wasn't anything wrong with GURPS!!
- DeadLands - Yet another non-GURPS game that I play regularly. Shh. Don't tell. I like to play the Weird West edition. It's sort of like The Good, The Bad & The Ugly meets Call of Cthulhu... which isn't GURPS either. I'd better be careful, before I'm seen as less of an upstart and more of a rebel.
- I Tappa Vein - The local chapter of The Camarilla that I belong to. I even designed the web page!
I read quite a few web comics, most of which are (for the most part) daily. I don't always read them daily, but catching up is almost as much fun. If you have some spare time and could use a good laugh, check them out.
- User Friendly - A daily comic strip that follows the trials and tribulations of a small internet company.
- Sluggy Freelance - A daily comic strip with hit or miss often long-winded storylines. The lure of a sociopathic switchblade-wielding lop-eared bunny is, however, undeniable.
- General Protection Fault - A daily (for the most part) comic strip that follows a cast of characters who work for a software development firm.
- Waiting for Bob - You won't find Godot here.. or Bob, for that matter. New comics added on weekdays only.
- Absurd Notions - A semi-weekly comic strip, most always worth the wait. Plenty of evil telemarketer jokes, silly pranks, and every now and again the characters sit down to playtest a roleplaying game... which is where some of the most amusing strips can be found.
- Kevin & Kell - A daily (mostly) comic strip that tells the tale of the Dewclaw family. A wolf, married to a Rabbit, with a carnivorous bunny for a child? This one's most always good for a laugh.
- Alice - A daily comic strip that tells the tale of a young girl with a very active imagination. Sure to bring out the child in anyone.
- Down to Earth - A daily (except Sundays) comic folowing (after)life and Death in Hell. One of my favorities.
- Illuminated Icon - Right click to download. It's not official, it's only 16 colors, and it's not exactly a work of art... but I made it, so that makes it worth putting here.