2. Double click on the Control Panel icon.
3. Double click on the Network icon, then click on the Services tab.
4. If Remote Access Service is not listed, click on the Add... button, wait for it to build the list of available services, click on Remote Access Service, and then on the OK button to install the service. When it is listed, highlight Remote Access Service and then click on Properties...
5. Your modem should already be installed. (If it is not, you may install it at this time by clicking on the Add... button). Click on the Configure... button.
6. You may select either Dial out only or Dial out and Receive calls, then click the OK button.
7. From the Remote Access Setup window, click on the Network.. button.
8. Click on TCP/IP under Dial out Protocols:, so that it has a check mark in the box next to it, then click the OK button.
9. Click the Continue button on the Remote Access Setup window.
10. Click on the Protocols tab. If TCP/IP is not listed, click on the Add... button, wait for it to build the list of available protocols, click on TCP/IP, and then on the OK button to install the protocol. If TCP/IP was already listed, and you have changed any properties of it, remove it and reinstall it so that it will have the default properties.
11. RAS is now ready. Click on the OK button to close the Network window. ou may also close the Control Panel.
12. You will now be prompted to reboot your computer for these changes to take effect. Tell it to go ahead and reboot and then continue with either "Configuring Dial-Up Networking for Austin" or "Configuring Dial-Up Networking for Houston".